ODA 0.00% 18.0¢ orcoda limited

Ann: New Strategic Chinese Investor , page-30

1. 600 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Aggie, whilst you make the very valid point that we should all do our own research and make our own judgements, I find the Crikey article to be a fairly shallow piece of journalism with more insinuation than substantiated evidence. Businesses funding Govt travel is not a new thing by any means and the article seems more for political influence than anything else.

Based on the following article about the journalist it does not appear that he has a great reputation for quality researched journalism either.
    http://www.vexnews.com/2011/06/erroneous-anus-stern-bernard-keane-causes-a-stink/

Of course there may be some truth in parts of the article, however the insinuations and conclusions drawn from a lack of information make me question this article more than believe all of it.

I am still trying to do more research on Ian Tang and his business interests and I agree it is difficult to get a clear grasp of his businesses, however it seems pretty clear that he is someone with connections that can help SMA in China. He seems like someone who understands how to do business in China and has experience with the Govt and Lottery industries. In my opinion this is in line with SMA's interests to grow.

Beijing AustChina Technology is also noted in acknowledgements for contribution toward a recent DFAT Trade booklet by the Aust Govt which would suggest that they are not the type of business that Bernard seems to elude to.

At the end of the day, I think this strategic investment is a good result for SMA given the connections and also the alternatives to raise cash being either a raising to sophisticated investors or a rights issue. Neither of which would be received well be sh's. This option should not see a sell down as the investor appears to be in for the longer haul. The sp movement over recent days supports this.

I agree - research and make your own conclusions, but lets not draw continually to one questionable journalists article as the point of truth for your continued agenda

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ODA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $30.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15000 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 52656 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.46am 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ODA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.