MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Ann: New York Battery Plant Annual Capacity Increased - 1.8GWh, page-85

1. 1,905 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1433
    Hi Guys / Gals,

I don't post much except on my regular favorite stock threads, but here I am, as MNS has recently become one stock I have been paying attention to and now hold... :)

I am not an investment guru, nor am I an expert in anything... I'm just a simple Primary school teacher (or pizza delivery boy I tell other threads) tongue.png

Todays Ann was great, and am looking forward to the many more developments to come...

If I just may add some advice for those of you who follow every pip-up and pip-down moment?

https://microcapclub.com/2014/08/the-conviction-to-hold/ (What an Excellent read)!!!

Bags are made by those who believe in a company, invest in a company, and let the story play out... And yes, there will be times when a SP takes a beating, or consolidates for an extended period of time, but if you truly believe in your own research and the potential of the company that you have invested your hard earned money into, fluctuations in SP shouldn't bother you one bit... In fact, any dip would present as a great opportunity to top-up / average down or up and further increase your holdings at a discounted price in a company in which you firmly believe the fundamentals clear.png

I don't post much here or on any other thread that I am invested in, ONLY when I feel I have something to say or something important to contribute...

My mental health would literally deteriorate to a point where I would require serious therapeutic interventions IF I watched every few % rise and fall of the SP...

One thing I have learned from my excellent mentors / teachers whom are HUGEE investors within this spec space, is that their success has been achieved through extensive research of the companies they invest in, a "conviction to hold" through the ups and downs and they NEVER watch the daily price movements of the SP...

In a great company in which you have a strong a conviction, the "share price will take care of itself" ...

I will leave you with one more interesting read :)

Investing is hard.
    (By Andrew Page)

Success as a stock-picker requires, among other things, a decent understanding of business, accounting, economics, finance & psychology. It requires discipline, objectivity and emotional fortitude. Most important of all, successful investing requires time. A lot of it. Time to educate yourself. Time to do research. Time to manage your portfolio. And, perhaps hardest of all, time to wait.

In fact, if you’re not prepared to spend a lot of time patiently waiting, any mastery of the other skills will largely be for naught. The best gains to be had in the share market — the ones that deliver meaningful and enduring wealth — take years to realise. It’s not the stock that gains, say, 50% in a given year that matters (although that’s nice!); it’s the one that delivers years of compounding returns. Shares in Promedicus (ASX: PME), for example, more than doubled last year, but that’s nothing compared to the near 10x return that long-term shareholders have enjoyed over the past 5 years. A 26% annual return for Cochlear (ASX: COH) last year was a great result, but it’s the near 400% gain over the past decade that’s far more noteworthy.

Patience matters because it simply takes time for companies to deliver on expectations. It matters because even the best companies will suffer through periods of stagnation, or poor market sentiment.

Most of all, the awesome power of compounding is only evident over longer stretches of time.It’s not surprising that the better performers on *** tend to be those that trade infrequently. They top the leaderboard not because they are hyper-active traders with an uncanny ability to time the market, but because they stay the course in a range of carefully selected stocks. Indeed, those that are always buying and selling tend to be the ones that lag.

The great Charlie Munger said it best:

“It’s waiting that helps you as an investor, and a lot of people just can’t stand to wait.”

“Sit on your ass. You’re paying less to brokers, you’re listening to less nonsense, and if it works, the tax system gives you an extra one, two, or three percentage points per annum.”

Charlie’s partner in crime, the highly quotable Warren Buffett, put it this way:

“The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”

If you’re not prepared to stay invested for at least a few years, the share market is not for you. But if you can look beyond the near term, you have a very real and valuable edge on most other investors.

Do the work, make your purchases, and get out of the damn way!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.