MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Agreed, the binding contracts are substantial and the US...

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Agreed, the binding contracts are substantial and the US Government and other companies would have put some efforts into investigating the credentials of MNS and the associated partners. All investors need to think critically before buying shares. I think in the main, genuine HC contributors and MNS holders do. Yes, there are some legitimate criticisms of MNS. The publicity/investor relations people haven't been the best.

But consider this:
    When you really think about it, that downside could be levelled at nearly half the companies in the XSO, so this is not a unique negative for MNS. Yes, no full-time person in the Sydney office but most of the action is in New York. It is probably economic to do that.

Also, think of how many companies that had slick investor relations and publicity publications but as investments, were absolute duds. All promotion and no substance.

Some of the criticisms from HC contributors raise serious legal concerns that border on fraud. If they had tangible evidence, then they should be reporting to ASIC. If they need to, here's a starting point:
    https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/contact-us/how-to-complain/

I came at this from another angle with the allegations / suggestions of deception / incompetence. Like several holders, I went back to study the website, videos & staff of MNS. I followed up with a few of them. Take for instance, board member Mona Dajani. She is listed as a board member of the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE). If you have a look at ACORE you see there are leading global companies with representation. They're heavyweights. I noticed Rose McKinney-James who is also on the board of Ioneer. There are reps there from Orsted (the chair, Declan Flanagan) , Vestas Wind Systems, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Berkshire Hathaway Energy, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Blackrock & Bank of America.

You wouldn't be accepted on the board of directors of ACORE if you were dodgy. So far as I can see, we're in good company. I think Professor Michael Stanley Whittingham, Nobel Prize winner, knows his way around battery chemistry. People of this stature would not align themselves with either a dodgy brothers outfit or a company with insufficient scale to manufacture quality batteries on an industrial scale. The damage to their professional reputations is not worth it. The sanctions would be career destroying.

I bought more MNS on the weakness at the beginning of the week. I haven't got the house on it and sleep easy at night. The lithium theme is strong and companies, like VUL & MNS (with significant environmental & investment potential), do have hurdles to clear to get into production. To do that they'll engage the professionals with skills to do the job. That's why we invest at the early stage to make potentially good gains. With patience, we could do well. Thanks for the genuine HC contributions. Best wishes to all fellow long term holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.