NXG 0.32% $9.50 nexgen energy (canada) ltd

i believe leigh said it was due this week to be sent through,...

1. 8,328 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    i believe leigh said it was due this week to be sent through, then a few months 90 days max , end July then this is over, the fed will pass the application and they can commence the mine.

it would be unexpected that the remaining 48 questions would prevent the permit, they are simply clarifications.

market is totally unimpressed with the milestone obviously.

Andrew Wong: Hey, good morning. Thanks for taking the questions. So it's great to hear you're about to resubmit the EIS soon. Just kind of -- just wanted some clarity around the timeline. So after you submit, what are the specific steps and timeline that needs to happen before a public hearing can be scheduled and what actually happens during the public hearing? Could there be some public commentary that comes out that needs to be addressed during that process and then after that, like what's the timeline before the -- from the public hearing until you get a final decision from the Minister?

Leigh Curyer: Yes. Thanks, Andrew. Yeah, look, so we're very pleased with the response that we received from the CNSC. Like to have 277 questions in the first place, according to our consultants, was unprecedented for this stage of a project. We're down to 49 and they really -- whilst every aspect is very, very important and we're respectful of that, we are submitting imminently, either late this week or early next. Now, as prescribed by the rules and regulations, the CNSC is entitled to another 90 days to review and close out those remaining 49 aspects. On closing those 49 aspects out, the EIS will be deemed final. At that point, it will then establish a commission hearing date. Now every project that has gone to a commission hearing has been approved within 60 days. I think whilst all aspects are very, very important and material, it's very, very significant with respect to concluding the EIS and we are very much looking forward at the conclusion of this next 90-day period, which I think is at the end of July off the top of my head, and very much look forward to those 90 days, that's for sure. Now, with respect to other public comments that can arise, well, the federal government has already ran its 120-day public comment period back in 2022 and those questions that we've already addressed, were directed at those public and technical comments. So from our perspective, it's very, very well, has been very rigorous, has incorporated all stakeholders, and this is on the overlay of having 100% community support from the communities in the local project area who have all reviewed and signed off on the EIS as we have presented to the CMSC.

Andrew Wong: Okay, that's great. And then just talking about the Rook I project itself, you've been pretty clear on I think your intentions to bring it into production. It sounds like there's could potentially be a construction start within the next six months to 12 months. So you just talked about the technical team that you have in place already. What's the size of that team right now, and how much more do you need to build it out? How quickly can you hire the labor force that needs to build a project?

Leigh Curyer: Yeah, sure. So we are on receiving federal approval. We'll be in a position to start immediately the following week. We have done 100% engineering of a lot of the site infrastructure aspects, the preliminary works in order to commence construction in earnest and all the early stage items are 100% engineered. The remaining engineered items around the specifics in the mill to put that into perspective around the wiring and so we're ready, subject to federal approval, to immediately start. With respect to the team, we have currently about 76 people in our Saskatoon head technical office and at NexGen, our culture is absolute responsibility, and so we have a dedicated NexGen person for every aspect of our operations. That's not just the construction of the project that exhibits in geology, the financial side, commercial side, everything. So we have been very, very strategic and well planned in acquiring the personnel and the technical expertise that we want ever since 2017. We knew at that stage we had a project, and we're taking it forward into production. That's elevating as we speak and to give you one example, like on the safety side of things, we're now breaking that out into very specific areas of safety at surface underground radiation experts and given the profile of the project and the culture that NexGen is exhibiting, we're very, very pleased with the calibre of the applicants that we're receiving, not just within Saskatoon and Saskatchewan, but also from outside of Saskatchewan and so Saskatchewan is going to be experiencing an inflow of skilled labour as a consequence. With respect to the labour force on the ground, well, our community team, led by Adam Angle and Dylan Smart in Saskatoon, have already been running training programs with the various government technical colleges in Saskatchewan and the take up of those training programs has been absolutely phenomenal and so we are well prepared on both fronts, and it exhibits our commitment to making as many of the jobs as local as achievable and so you're going to also be seeing an inflow of population into the local community area on the commencement of construction of the project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.50
Change
0.030(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $760.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.29 $9.50 $9.28 $2.827M 299.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 953 $9.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.50 19994 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.