PEK 2.78% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Brilliant asset, poor (self-orientated) management, seemingly...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Brilliant asset, poor (self-orientated) management, seemingly moribund board, challenging country. At one for and three against why am I still in this company?

It’s the asset and the sector. Currently est REE project outside of Mt Weld and The Don is helping the sector with his revised tariff plans. Revisions to US levy tariffs have shelved plans to impose tariffs on a critical collection of rare earth metals consumed across technology sectors when The Don's advisers realised that the US doesn't produce any. And with no US domestic production one wonders how long it will take the Chinese, producing +80% of the world supply, to apply the squirrel grip to US tech industries on this commodity. Remember what happened the last time Japan stepped out of line.

There are however a number of potential competitors to be next off the blocks quickly advancing their projects with Rift Valley (with PEK's former tech director on board) and Mkango Resources making significant progress be it they are still well behind PEK.

So why aren't PEKs flying? I can think of a couple of reasons. Maybe Appian like it that way at the moment? A cheap target?

Or it could be that I'm just a conspiracy theorist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $49.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 18.0¢ $16.42K 90.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 101569 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 34939 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.