ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    For those who might might be unaware, tomorrow will most likely be a Dead Cat Bounce (DCB) i.e shorters squaring their positions by buying back (a second source of buyers, in addition to longs). If it goes up tomorrow, it won't be a surge of bulls buying.
    It will be this:
    DEAD-CAT-BOUNCE-44712975426.jpg
    G88 is a falling stock, and I don't buy falling stocks. I have (like most mug punters for whom the fear of losing money dominates everything, a fear greater than the pleasure derived from gaining it - behavioral finance teaches us this - which leads to a cascading cycle of averaging down for lower entry price, further compounding losses etc...), and it's the road to ruin, though one can sometimes get lucky, and use it as a precedent, which would be most unfortunate. I suggest many here might have done this - I know they have, averaged down - compounding their initial losses.

Personally, I can only go long (CommSec constraint) , and so, prefer a stock that is rising in price.
    Rule #1 Don't Average down
    Rule #1 Cut Losses (Tied for #1) - already done that.
    Another rule (un-numbered) - never fall in love with a stock.
    If anyone here has a Capital Loss, it's possibly because they violated one or more of these rules (probably all of them).

Of course, one can say it's "just a paper loss", like the "it's just a flesh wound" line in a famous Monty Python movie.
    A huge paper loss can be (is) an enormous disappointment, a constant distraction, entailing dominance by emotion, for which there is no place in markets. You will be eaten alive, and I suggest many have more than "just flesh wounds".
    This level of distraction, of pre-occupation with that "paper loss", prevents one from seeing that there always opportunities elsewhere on which whatever funds remain after cutting losses might be better spent. - and there will always be losses / losers, there HAVE to be, else we'd all be rich (hence Rule #1) -
    You can always buy back in later. Thinking that you can't is indicative of being a bottom picker (another road to ruin).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.