G88 0.00% 1.1¢ golden mile resources ltd

For those who might might be unaware, tomorrow will most likely...

1. 443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    For those who might might be unaware, tomorrow will most likely be a Dead Cat Bounce (DCB) i.e shorters squaring their positions by buying back (a second source of buyers, in addition to longs). If it goes up tomorrow, it won't be a surge of bulls buying.
    It will be this:
    DEAD-CAT-BOUNCE-44712975426.jpg
    G88 is a falling stock, and I don't buy falling stocks. I have (like most mug punters for whom the fear of losing money dominates everything, a fear greater than the pleasure derived from gaining it - behavioral finance teaches us this - which leads to a cascading cycle of averaging down for lower entry price, further compounding losses etc...), and it's the road to ruin, though one can sometimes get lucky, and use it as a precedent, which would be most unfortunate. I suggest many here might have done this - I know they have, averaged down - compounding their initial losses.

Personally, I can only go long (CommSec constraint) , and so, prefer a stock that is rising in price.
    Rule #1 Don't Average down
    Rule #1 Cut Losses (Tied for #1) - already done that.
    Another rule (un-numbered) - never fall in love with a stock.
    If anyone here has a Capital Loss, it's possibly because they violated one or more of these rules (probably all of them).

Of course, one can say it's "just a paper loss", like the "it's just a flesh wound" line in a famous Monty Python movie.
    A huge paper loss can be (is) an enormous disappointment, a constant distraction, entailing dominance by emotion, for which there is no place in markets. You will be eaten alive, and I suggest many have more than "just flesh wounds".
    This level of distraction, of pre-occupation with that "paper loss", prevents one from seeing that there always opportunities elsewhere on which whatever funds remain after cutting losses might be better spent. - and there will always be losses / losers, there HAVE to be, else we'd all be rich (hence Rule #1) -
    You can always buy back in later. Thinking that you can't is indicative of being a bottom picker (another road to ruin).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.523M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 2555095 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 109296 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
G88 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.