ALK 0.99% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

IC hinted at another look at Peak Hill in the past as there are...

1. 7,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1446
    IC hinted at another look at Peak Hill in the past as there are lot of advances in metallurgy tech which brings costs down when treating refractory ores.

Also, deeper Peak Hill orebodies may not be refractory. There is potential for Peak Hill to host porphyry deposit too. But it needs to be tested.

I did spend some time to review the report again and it seems Driell will attract lot of focus - along with Boda 4 and Boda2/3 to some extend.
    ALK recent RC holes there defined the zone of focus and it looks to me DRC02/03 marked the boundary of the prospect. Same with DRC005/06/07 which also seem to be indicating moving away from the target.
    One the other side DRC010 showing some signs of getting closer to potentially higher grades. The distance between 007 and 010 is about 1km or bit over. And this is the area ALK will probably target with deeper holes. It appears the mineralisation is trending on the northeast side of Stoney Fault (DRC007/004/010 showing that) so ALK will stick with targeting that side of the S Fault.
    Regarding the Lithocap, ALK's previous holes look to be too shallow as from what I have seen from other explorers Lithocaps need to be drilled deeper for search for feeder zones that can be very high grades.
    Normally porphyries appear further away from the Lithocap (not always though) while the Lithocap can contain epithermal deposits with very high grades. There are many examples from South America and some from Indonesia and Philippines.

If ALK does decide to test the Lithocap for such deposit while still searching for nearby porphyry, and if ALK gets lucky and find one very high grade orebody then this will be that catalyst that will attract many majors to the NMPP as such discovery will not only mean even longer LOM but will also mean very short payback period.
    In blue what I think ALK will be focusing on at Driell.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6269/6269249-fb5184f01d94c311eb43e8975ea57947.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 48.0¢ $944.9K 1.900M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 134206 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.