ALK 3.77% 55.0¢ alkane resources limited

Ann: NMPP Regional Exploration Update, page-37

1. 7,753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1455
    I had few exchanges with ALK about Peak Hill. The first one goes back few years ago and was over phone. The reason why Peak Hill was not high on the priority list is because the ore in the known resource is refractory and by definition expensive to treat. Recent advances in treating these orebodies could change that.
    Also, I was told Peak Hill could also host porphyry and ALK may test that. I was told this about 8 months.

To me Driell resembles classical lithocap project where ALK could discovery both, epithermal and porphyry deposit. The epithermal deposit will be somewhere under the lithocap where there are rich vertical feeder zones or large lateral orebody under the l-cap as in Lepanto case. And there could be porphyry deposit that seats deeper below the epithermal deposit or on its flank.

By reading about lithocap deposits from around the world, majority require deeper drilling to find the feeder zones that contain the highest grades. Lot of them show vertical trend while Lepanto shows lateral. Either way, in most cases explorers find porphyries as well as epithermal deposits when exploring lithocaps.
    Generally the holes into the lithocap need to target the 300m-400m horizon - from what I have been reading about and watching some presentations.
    And Driell has the lithocap and now already showed some porphyry signs - naturally IC will be interested to test it further.

Boda4 shows mineralisation in the outcropping breccias - obvious call to test them.
    Boda2/3 produced causative intrusion - alas deep but there is always a chance of few more nearby that could be couple of hundred meters shallower.

Hence why ALK said they will focus mainly on Driell, Boda4 and I think they may drill couple of holes at Boda2/3 if the ANT survey shows signs of more intrusions similar to the one around 094 and indicates to be shallower than the one at 094.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.