LNK 0.00% $2.09 link administration holdings limited

Not sure if I can trust my gut feel on this one, but I actually...

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

Not sure if I can trust my gut feel on this one, but I actually feel that a deal might get done this time around. You know the score; a bit of argy-bargy, a concessional increase in offer price, and Bob’s your uncle, all the big boys (and gals) are soon slapping each other on the back, glugging down the Bollinger and opening the boxes of Cuban cigars.

It does give me some comfort that that Carlyle have returned at all. The Group had the due diligence previously, the sorts of insights that we don’t get. They have seen the inner sanctum and questioned staff of the company, and despite that, they have returned. So hopefully that suggests that perhaps we needn’t be so nervous about Woodford and/or other potential disasters.

Carlyle will want to avoid becoming a second time loser in bidding for Link. Companies and Businesses that they might make offers on in the future will look back and likely draw conclusions based on how they have acted here with the Link offer.

It is easy to see why the timing is very good for Carlyle to bid and win Link. The potential in Link is huge, as could be the financial rewards, eventually.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.