VRS 0.00% 4.7¢ veris limited

Ann: Non-Cash Goodwill Impairment, page-9

1. 1,162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1645
    This is disappointing after the first quarter's report when they claimed to have rectified the lower gross margin of 7% when they were aiming for 16-17%. One wonders how reassuring statements like that can be so off the mark Surely someone is liable...To Capraise...They have hardly any debt, but getting rid of it might be a good idea. Yes cost structure is the issue. I agree with affiliated's 1.7 multiplier. Then you have to add costs of transport, equipment etc Businesses need to do that to cover other costs etc. Maybe surveyor's get $50 an hour and the multiplier of 1.7 brings up $85. I'd be adding $15 for use of vans, equipment, admin associated with work in the field etc. 
    That has effectively written off the entire surveying groups $34 million goodwill (as stated in the 2018 annual report). Hopefully we've still managed around 8% gross on the surveying with a slight improvement on the 7% of Q1.. At least Elton and Aqura sound like they are performing well.
    There seems to be no loss of revenue so I'm still expecting $70 mil for the half. Roughly $55 mil surveying and $15 mil Planning and aqura. 
    So $55 mil at 8% gross gets $4.4 million gross, and $15 million at 16% gross gets $2.4 mill gross for EBITDA $6.8 mil and either a skinny net profit or loss. One expects one heck of a lot better from a major professional organisation with substantial on-going contracts in key industries.
    On the part of the Board, this isn't good enough 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 86750 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 21892 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.