SBM 0.00% 20.0¢ st barbara limited

250-300 M sure its non cash but as we all know thats because the...

1. 13,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730
    250-300 M

sure its non cash but as we all know thats because the cash was spent previously

Cash and capital was rasied at 3.9 and they are writing off a maga amount of capital previously spent

and a mega amount as a % of overall cost

2019.05.15-asx-st-barbara-agrees-to-acquire-100-of-atlantic-gold-corporation-and-equity-raising.pdf (stbarbara.com.au)

As it turns out, SBM did infact, under the leadership of Vassie pay way too much and expect way too much

Just look at the FY 2022 projected costs and what it was producing for at the time of acquisition and what they expected

Some time later EVN also bought a mine, gold aud was much higher and they paid less comparative.

Old management went hard spending the cash pile, raising capital and going into debt

New management which was familiar  has not delivered either production or the margin.

With PNG just seemingly breaking even on guidance, excluding great amounts of capital required,
    Gwalia talking open pits moving trains - SBM will need capital from somewhere imo

Still find no reason to buy back in at 1.60..

No dividend should be resonantly paid in this circumstance, multiple operations need more capital to expand develop and improve and margins and production continue to shrink.

An major shake up of management and the board could bring some stability and something for investors to hang onto, but at the present time it wouldn't surprise me to see some long termers starting to leave.

A very long list of operational issues and clearly bad investment made of shareholders capital.

Good luck....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $163.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.8¢ $687.8K 3.425M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 278140 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 744228 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.