OSX 3.57% 5.8¢ osteopore limited

For anybody interested, I emailed questions to their investor...

1. 660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    For anybody interested, I emailed questions to their investor relations . (I will paraphrase.)
    What distinguishes Osteopore from competitors?
    Competitors have fixation systems- plates and screws- designed to replace titanium plates and screws. Osteopore is not a fixation system. It is a scaffold structure that helps bone to regrow. What makes us unique is our patent/IP , which enables us to bio-mimic the microstructure of bone. Our choice of material, polycaprolactone,, degrades gently in the body over a two year period, to facilitate bone regrowth.
    (Actually, at least one competitor has a mesh, so the above is not entirely true.)

What I hope is true is the claim that Osteopore is unique in its ability to 3D print implants
    "We have both off-the-shelf and patient specific implants. For PSI, the surgeon does a CT scan of the patient's defect. Osteopore then designs and 3D prints the implant to fit the defect. Bone graft is not needed most of the time, but may be required if the defect size is too large to facilitate the bone growth."

(My comment - From what I read , competitors are also experimenting with compounds to promote growth, so let's hope that Osteopore comes up with some particularly good ones.)

In answer to my question about the percentage of revenue coming from cosmetic procedures.
    "Aesthetic has contributed 40-45% of our revenue last year. As we have just completed the acquisition of our Korean aesthetic distributor, we believe that aesthetic will contribute more than 40-45% of revenue this year."

There was no adequate answer to my complaint about the fact that the capital raise should have been done when SP was 30¢.

The answers made me feel better enough to apply for my entitlement and an equal number of shares under the top-up. I feel evil for hoping that an enormous number of Asians will so hate their noses that Osteopore can make a lot of money from that, and thereby keep the company afloat while their products prove superior in the genuine medical field (let's hope).

Osteopore has to complete studies so that it can be used in China. If successful, that could be a huge market, and the economies of scale should allow for profitability. However, we have to be realistic about the time frame - at least several years..

Hope I'm not fooling myself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OSX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.002(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $6.643M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ $25.51K 450.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 245506 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 17543 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OSX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.