HAV 4.65% 22.5¢ havilah resources limited

"Desperate Money Grab"? Put simply, North Portia as a stand...

1. 155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    "Desperate Money Grab"? Put simply, North Portia as a stand alone project was never attractive enough for $HAV to attempt to raise finance for, let alone try and develop it...plus, why even waste the time to do so when there's FAR bigger fish to fry -ie, SIMEC deal, Kalkaroo, Mutooroo etc.

When you consider the following facts about North Portia, it makes complete sense to flog it off and get some cash in the bank.
    - Not permitted.
    - Has no feasibility study completed.
    - Has added zero value to the $HAV share price previously.
    - Has a willing buyer who is/was ready to make an immediate payment for the project.

According to my calcs, after the $4M payment in July, the total cash $HAV will have received will be $8.2M. Not bad, when you consider that this payment would equate to approx 25% of HAV's current market cap, which for a minor, non-core, non-financeable asset sounds pretty damn good to me!

To be honest, I'm just glad that the $HAV board is actually taking some action to liquidate some of their otherwise dormant assets...let's just hope the next one is the sleeping giant with SIMEC.

My 2cents,
    JDI.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.