VTM 4.17% 25.0¢ victory metals limited

Macsworry,I think people are just starting to value this company...

1. 1,571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Macsworry,
    I think people are just starting to value this company based on it's resource, it's location, and obvious potential for growth. Stage 3 metallurgy coming up, which along with the high HREE ratios, will likely be the "gamechanger" for Australian rare earth stocks, to use one of the CEOs superlatives. I must admit, the management team seem quite confident about the project, and must be looking forward to the next set of results.

Below is a little splurge from Strategic Metals Invest.

https://strategicmetalsinvest.com/dysprosium-prices/#:~:text=The%20current%20price%20of%20Dysprosium,us%20directly%20for%20a%20quotation.

Dysprosium Price Forecast

Dysprosium is vital to a wide range of industries (incl. nuclear reactors), but in terms of the future, especially the “green economy” industry. The demand for electric cars, wind turbines, and solar panels is forecast to skyrocket over the next 10 to 20 years.

For example, BMW announced in November 2021 that they are sourcing 20 billion euros of raw materials for electric vehicles. Only two days later, Ford announced they were about to make the most significant single investment in their history, $11.4 billion to what they call a mega campus of factories for electric vehicles. So that is over $30 billion (!!!) of investment in the space of a week from just two car manufacturers!

As far back as 2011, the United States Department of Energy identified dysprosium as the single most critical element for emerging clean energy technologies. They did this because of this rare earth’s wide range of current and projected uses, together with the lack of any immediately suitable replacement. Even their most conservative projections at the time predicted a shortfall of dysprosium before 2015. This is why it’s not just companies that have been stockpiling dysprosium reserves but countries too.

China currently controls most of the production of dysprosium and imposes export quotas to ensure their own companies get the supply they need but also, at times, as a bargaining tool in the ongoing trade war with the US (and EU).

Hence it is forecast the price of dysprosium, up +28.40% since 2020, will continue to increase in the medium term, even with the recent price corrections. This is because of the exponential increase in demand (just think “green”) AND China’s constraints in the supply chain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.010(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $20.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 25.0¢ $12.68K 50.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14000 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 9303 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 2.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ 12520
Last updated 11.54am 08/05/2024 ?
VTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.