NTU 0.00% 2.8¢ northern minerals limited

Ann: Northern Minerals enters into $30M equity funding agreement-NTU.AX, page-32

1. 5,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    Well bugger me, why didn't I think if that before. A coal company that no one here knows anything about and has no experience or expertise in the REE sector is stumping up $30m. This must be a winner.

I have asked this question before but here it is again.
    Can you find any information in the public domain about any of the companies mentioned in the funding announcement?

Are you at all curious to know what there investing track records are like or are you simply naive enough to believe that just because they are stumping up some money it must be all good?

Maybe they have a crystal ball and can see into the future and know DyO prices are going to double by March 2017 .

I doubt there due diligence is completed and will be ongoing. That's why they have only made a small initial investment.

Even if they do provide the full $30m it's no guarantee NTU will ever be profitable. Not unless DyO prices recover substantially and that does not look like its going to happen anytime soon with DyO at US$185/Kg in July.
    If anything DyO prices are more likely to be half current price by March 2017 the way it's going.

You need to be a special kind a person to invest in a company without knowing the full details of the business plan. And as yet NTU has not released full details of its business plan. No firm CAPEX or OPEX for the pilot pant.

But hey, a coal company is looking to invest $30m. Must be a winner...

Here's another one for you dude. Why didn't Shin-Etsu stump up the funds? I mean they did enter into an MOU off take agreement with the company. So why not provide the funding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $165.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ $43.70K 1.560M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14335 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 964651 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.