NST 0.08% $13.00 northern star resources ltd

re: Ann: Northern Star to Become the 2nd Larg... Good note...

1. 2,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    re: Ann: Northern Star to Become the 2nd Larg... Good note thanks chuk and thumbs up from me. Its sets out the bull case pretty well. I'm just a bit skeptical about it. They do sound confident but they didn't buy a lot of shares at 86 cents after saying they would buy heaps. Certainly nothing like the number of shares they sold a couple of years ago. I'm not sure about comparing the success Paulson with these very mature mines they are buying now. Mostly though I just don't believe the pro forma $200m cash flow number you give will ever actually eventuate. I just don't think that they have been generating cash, even with Paulsons, that you can reconcile with the sustaining cost numbers.

Of course I can see what your saying though. If your bullish on gold in particular and could be a good trading stock all right. Even if I'm right, it will take some time before it becomes clear. They only report half yearly and the next couple of reports will be very complex with the acquisitions and one off costs.

Just on the cash flow, I'm not completely sure that their $60m excludes bulliion. I still think they may have used the term "cash" in its broader sense. I don't think they have talked about cash as just money in the bank before. Regardless, there's no sign of actual cash generation this year to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.00
Change
-0.010(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $14.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.06 $13.07 $12.97 $72.66M 5.575M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 262060 $13.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.01 3144 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.