NOR 7.55% 4.9¢ norwood systems limited

If I understand this correctly, it might actually be a...

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    If I understand this correctly, it might actually be a gamechanger? I have an android phone and miss the functionality of a good visual voicemail that (some!) carriers have with iPhones in Australia. I used to live in the UK and there was a free ad-supported android app called HulloMail that essentially did what iPhone visual voicemail does. I did some research when moving to Australia and there seems to be nobody offering this service (at least, for free) in Australia. Obviously Norwood isn't going to be offering it for free, and it appears they want to target telcos directly to bundle it with their mobile plans. But if it works well and isn't priced out of the market (seems to be something Nor is good at...), it might be a great idea.

One question though... the final bullet point: "Reducing churn through additional service stickiness and increasing data / SMS usage". Obviously a value-add service like visual voicemail will have the potential to 'reduce churn', for sure, but is "increasing data / SMS usage" supposed to be a good thing for telcos? Most provide plenty of data per month inclusive so there's no benefit to their customers using more... seems a strange selling point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.004(7.55%)
Mkt cap ! $23.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 4.7¢ $63.17K 1.307M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 69999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.9¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 7.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.7¢ 175100
Last updated 15.49pm 03/05/2024 ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.