TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

Excellent post @swc - I agree without a doubt that the potential...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 22 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Excellent post @swc - I agree without a doubt that the potential worst case scenario is materially better if this vote gets up. It is hard to find fault in your assessment of a better overall probability weighted / risk-adjusted return (for yes vs. no deal) given the range of outcomes. As unlikely as it is, there is only one option - 'no deal' - that could lead to a $0 outcome (operating expenses continue to wipe out equity over time).

However, one reason why it still has not quite convinced me to return to the 'yes' side of the ledger:
    It is my belief in the 'power of self-interest'
    Somers will not appreciate the prospect of losing $4m (approximately) per year if/when the deal falls through.

It is possible that this may be a 'self-interest' deal disguised as being for the greater good (i.e. minority shareholders). I don't believe the deal's true consequences have been accurately presented to shareholders. Should it get up, minority shareholders will very likely end up as minority shareholders in a 'LIC' (that we did not sign up for). Somers will then have the ability to patiently wait for us to lose interest and sell our shares back to the company and/or directly to Somers (both have the same effect in the end) at 50c on the dollar (or worse). It could end up a takeover by stealth, on horrendous terms for minority shareholders.

Who would be competing with Somers to buy these shares from minority shareholders as we attempt to exit?

I can't see why anyone else would want them.

Also, maybe Somers will instead choose to buy them at 30c on the dollar, or 10c on the dollar - who is to know? Realistically, when hoping to 'cash out' we will all be at their mercy. As @friendlydwarves previously outlined, they established a very poor track with minority shareholders in this regard during the 2020/Vaspip situation - only being reasonable to shareholders when forced to legally.

The major downside risk is being unable to sell out at anything close to reasonable terms following a 'yes deal'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.