MGU 7.14% 1.5¢ magnum mining and exploration limited

Wouldn’t that just lend credence to the theory then, that...

1. 478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    Wouldn’t that just lend credence to the theory then, that they’re finding it hard to lock in an offtake because potential partners know about their ultimate Saudi plans?I.e if it’s not actually that hard to land them, then they should have done so by now. So then when trying to understand reasons they haven’t yet, it’s pretty reasonable to think it may be because they couldn’t offer more than a year or two as they have plans beyond that.

But that aside, I think more likely it’s actually just a very difficult thing to land an offtake for a company like MGU - for very understandable reasons: buyers want assurances of supply and stability..MGU has no experience mining, no infrastructure, no support on market, no clear ability to raise or obtain funding for the project, a poor track record of management and board comings and goings, a not particularly fantastic financial model and they’re selling a product that much larger companies can produce cheaper and with longer track records of doing so.

Now that’s why the market cap here is so tiny and why there’s so much to gain if they can actually pull it off..but I believe Neil when he says MGU just isn’t getting priority in negotiations with the big players they’re trying to deal with, for all those reasons listed above.

And given all the above..who’s really gonna sign on for a couple years? They’re not going to prepay anywhere near enough to fund the startup if they just have a 2-3 year commitment and banks aren’t going to lend funds to cover the startup without long term customers locked in.I know a lot of that sounds negative and not a dig at you Sisu, value your opinions a lot, I still believe something good will happen here eventually, but I also think it’s just far more difficult to get a lot of this stuff done than it seems on the surface.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $12.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $11.37K 811.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 510638 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 715881 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.05pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ 6
Last updated 12.57pm 06/05/2024 ?
MGU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.