ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    re: Ann: Notice of Annual General Meeting/Pro... Having just read the notice i cant say how i will be voting yet.
    Some pretty strong and not unexpected responses there.

1st thing i thought was that the MD has always been keen to keep his funding options open, this isnt the 1st time he has sought to make a placement in advance so that he can keep his 15% handy if he needs it. This is not necessarily a bad thing to have up your sleeve in a capital intensive business with no cashflow.
    Nothing worse than trying to raise capital when you are on your knees !

2nd thing that occurred to me is that it really doesnt matter diddly squat what i or others here think. The motion will likely pass anyway. I cant say whether or not that is a good thing.

3rd... I hope it is placed at a price higher than todays !
    If you want to raise $xx million then you are going to have to demonstrate some uplift. I am guessing they will want to place this close to when they spud the next well.

Gannp said....
    "200mill shares by say .045 [about .057 x 80%] only = $9mill. yet according to the annual report they have got $16.5mill cash and another $17.5 mill to come from Oil Search.
    That is $34mill. !!!! Why do they need a piddly $9mill extra at the expense of screwing us all for a long time to come?"

I say... there are lots of variables in those numbers. I dont agree that $9m is a "piddly amount" especially when you consider that a really really cheap hole in PNG costs over $10m (i know we have our own rig but they could have lost it for all we know !). They currently have $16m in the bank ($17m to come but dont count your chickens...), $34m wont go toooo far in PNG. If the placement was done at 8c as opposed to gannps figure that would be $16m, which added to our $34m = $50m. NGE will be well funded to carry out its drilling obligations

With such a large land holding there is a big spend to retain the leases and meet commitments.

devils advocate signing off :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NGE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.