APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Sorry, but I don’t understand why a first strike effectively...

1. 27 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22

Sorry, but I don’t understand why a first strike effectively means APG won’t get re-listed and won’t be able to raise funds in the future.

Re-listiing is dependent on Austpac requesting it, not answering the ASX’s queries. They don’t have to wait for the Federal Court case to be decided. Why doesn’t Austpac just answer the ASX’s queries and request lifting of the voluntary suspension?

The notice APG published on 11 June 2021 set out the queries the ASX raised, and nowhere in there does it say APG shares will be suspended until the queries are answered. On 15 June ASX announced that APG shares will be in a trading halt at the request of the company pending an announcement. The notice goes onto say that the trading halt will remain in place until 17 June 2021 or when the announcement is released to the market. So nothing about having to answer the queries before trading in APG shares can commence. On 17 June it’s announced that APG shares will be suspended from official quotation at the request of the company under Listing Rule 17.2. It does say “pending satisfactory resolution of ASX’s queries”. Listing Rule 17.2 is headed “Suspension at entity’s request” and the rule lists information that must be provided to ASX in support of the suspension request, the first thing being “It’s reasons for the suspension” and “ the event it expects to happen that will end the suspension”.

Obviously Austpac gave as the reason and the ending event, as pending satisfactory resolution of ASX’s queries.

As for raising funds in the future, well that’s up to APG putting forward concrete plans that the market thinks could come to fruition. I trust those shareholders advocating for approval of the remuneration report are prepared to subscribe to any rights issue the company might make in the future to raise funds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.