ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Thanks, semi retired,As have many of us, I've been mulling over...

1. 726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1660
    Thanks, semi retired,

As have many of us, I've been mulling over the AGM presentation and its Q&A. The A has generated considerable interest, as have your posts of the last few days. In view of yours and other recent posts, it's useful to step for a while into the prospect's shoes as ever.

Were I a senior manager in a major EV manufacturer, there's no way I'd bet the whole company on any particular new technology until it was proven. The more disruptive that technology, the bigger the gap between it and the current technology in use, the more cautious I'd need to be. I'd be used to incremental change, not wholesale step change. So I wouldn't be spreading this new technology immediately across a whole range, not until I was absolutely sure of its reliability and performance. But I sure would test it out, and that takes some time. So now, if instead I am but a humble visitor to that EV's labs and test areas, I'd expect to see the automotive equivalent of heart monitors, blood testing, colonoscopies, and the rest.

My first view of a dynamometer was in a TAFE, and I was impressed by its usefulness. So as well as bench testing, does one install an "Anteo-X within" or "+ Anteo's silicon anode" battery in a test car, and run it for a few hundred kms on a dynamometer? And then put a couple of test cars out on the road as well? (For there would be much else in the vehicle that needs testing.)

So I'm thinking about not just a decision to go with AnteoTech, but how to do so progressively, always having Plan B in case. We have to remember that in surface-to-surface chemistry, chelation as distinct from co-valency, is really disruptive.

For comparison, think of the Serum Institute of India. Was it about 18 months ago that they popped up on our radar - or we on theirs (that's the important bit!)? So the Institute would have been steadily testing out where AnteoBind could be useful. And now, after many months, we have a customer, and for sure a repeat one. So, it takes time. Consider also: we have a series of posts from J&B85, (and I have as well a number of emails from him over the last year), where he has found scientific articles where AnteoBind has been not just used, but critical to the particular use. (Brickwalls and captainblood are two of a number who also cheerfully and graciously share their research, from patents to periwinkles.) So there is a generation of emerging scientists who will be tomorrow's decision-makers. And who knows, but some decade or more ago we were sending out vials for scientists to try - not all were used properly, we soon discovered; but some will have noticed, and their careers will have also progressed.

So my expectation is that in the battery field, we will see not an immediate uptake, but one that will accelerate. Likewise, in Life Sciences . . . I was looking at captainblood's most recent post, where he demonstrates that we mustn't forget Life Science's potential contribution to earnings. (As another poster pointed out, we see a big lift this quarter, to over $300k.)

What a long way we are when our hopes lay in just two possibilities, POC1 and POC2. We were close to a decision-maker with BBI, but not with Philips. And we had just two. Now, we are targeting 7 out of 200 interested parties. My patience has been as stretched as anyone's, but I am once again confidently waiting.

GLTA, and DYOR!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $50.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $38.09K 1.731M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1505316 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 676543 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.2¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ 764931
Last updated 15.55pm 03/05/2024 ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.