CTP 0.00% 6.7¢ central petroleum limited

Hi psi81,Reading the O&G press of late, I note that Santos...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35

Hi psi81,

Reading the O&G press of late, I note that Santos recently announced a new strategy with news about a drop in output of about 10% in 2023.

They also predicted declining production in 2023, whilst increasing their spend on new gas and oil developments along with carbon capture and storage.

The stated new corporate purpose for Santos is to provide cleaner energy that is both affordable and sustainable and to help create a better world for everyone. That all sounds great but ………..

They say they have restructured their business into two divisions, 1. Upstream Gas and Liquids & 2. Santos Energy Solutions. The plan being to build a transition business which includes decarbonisation and a carbon management services business.

Perhaps this new philosophy from Santos will help CTP more actively pursue our Amadeus sub-salt opportunities in 2023 and see Dukas, Mt Kitty & Mahler turn desert sand into gold.

Also from reading the latest CTP quarterly activities report, our CEO states that Santos is advancing threeexploration wells, with drilling anticipated to start sometime in 2023, targeting hydrocarbons, helium and naturally occurring hydrogen.
    Leon D. states that these wells are important to us as they give us the opportunity to leverage our strengths in natural gas to aid Australia’s energy transition, as well as providing much needed building blocks for a future business in helium and naturally-occurring hydrogen production.

Leon’s above statement could almosthave come from the new book of doctrine, according to Santos. Just this onceSantos may be about to help CTP rather than hinder us as has so often been thecase.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 7.0¢ 6.7¢ $58.75K 851.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 85873 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 364718 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.7¢ 7.0¢ 6.6¢ 7699
Last updated 12.01pm 03/05/2024 ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.