CTP 8.93% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

Ann: Notice of Annual General Meeting/Voting Form, page-66

1. 55 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Reading through all of the posts, I just had a crazy thought (or maybe not so crazy). I'm going to draw from past experience, so bear with me on this:

Earlier in my career, I worked for a company that was doing horribly and the stock price showed it. The CEO of the company kept making bad strategic decisions and bad deals. No one could figure out why. The board of directors gave him the benefit of the doubt and kept renewing his contract (sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?). Anyway, it turns out the CEO was involved in a long drawn out divorce case, something he never bothered to disclosed to the board of directors. The CEO stood to lose over half his stock to his ex-spouse. Turns out the bad deals and bad strategic decisions were part of the CEO's plan to tank the stock price so he could cry crocodile tears and claim poverty to the divorce court. Needless to say, the board of directors was not pleased to learn of this development and the CEO was sacked soon after this news came to light.

Now I'm not saying that this is the case with Central Petroleum or the CEO. Just a wild and crazy thought that came to me. Go ahead and say, "Rook, you've lost it, mate."

It is just that the two situations seem to have a lot of parallels. Anyone in Brisbane care to dig around and find out? Is the CEO currently facing any litigation that might explain his decisions and the company performance, and abysmal stock price?

Your thoughts?

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
    ― Mark Twain

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.005(8.93%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 4.8¢ $65.04K 1.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4715 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 409091 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.