LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

"I was listening to Cathie Woods tonight, saying that the longer...

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1587
    "I was listening to Cathie Woods tonight, saying that the longer the period of time a stock moves in a sideways direction the higher the breakout will be. LPD is a prime candidate for such trajectory !!!!!!!!"

No.

Firstly, there's technical analysis (TA) & then you have fundamental analysis (FA).

Sideways movements in the SP (TA) or consolidation periods are common in companies that are fundamentally strong, e.g. the company is experiencing a combination of rapid expansion (increased spending on income producing assets), growing balance sheet, reduced debt loads, increased profits or revenue, strong asset prices or increased market sentiment in the sector etc.

IMO, LPD isn't fundamentally strong.

No customers.
    LOI may get extended or cancelled
    No financing to building income producing assets.
    Falling balance sheet.
    No revenue.
    No profits.
    High debt loads when compared to revenue/balance sheet.
    Substantial investors continually selling down.

So your assertion that LPD current sideways movement, is a consolidation period, is flawed somewhat.

The SP might be trading side for several reasons. Firstly, too many SOI is forcing the SP lower as the number of shares are growing fast than the company is growing. So basically, the SP has no where to go because any "pip" movements are so huge that a 0.001 increase in the SP is enough to take LPD from fair value to overvalued in the space of an afternoon trading session. In turn, that movement up is countered by a move down the following day as investors see LPD as overvalued. Hence the sideways movement in the SP.

So I believe the current sideways movement in the SP is somewhat artificial.

Secondly LPD is a "speccy", so there will be long periods where nothing will happen as the market (Day Traders etc) wait on news to trade, which I think you can't confuse with a consolidation period in the SP where a company is fundamentally strong.

Other factors are affecting the SP as well, which I've detailed many times on these threads.

Consolidation periods in the SP for companies that are fundamentally strong can be a good thing. It takes the SP from overbought or oversold state & kind of "resets the market," prepares it for the next move up or down depending on the FA of the company.

For example, a company is experiencing a rapid expansion where customers are exploding, revenue is going through the roof & profits are coming in thick & fast & an SP might go from $1 to $4 before the SP trades sideways between $3 & $4 for a few months, as market forces assess the new risk/reward status of the company, before the SP moves higher to $7 where it's considered fair value.

That above example is not what's happening to LPD.

Most consolidation periods last from a few weeks to a few months, LPD has been in it's current trading range for close to a year now, which makes it less likely to be a consolidation period & just more of a "bottoming out" due to the shear weight of new shares on the market & as investors, Day Traders & GXY sell out.

Just to add, since this is an ann about GXY. I noticed some posters commenting that GXY was in trouble & needed the cash. GXY (an investor in LPD) isn't in any trouble & doesn't need the few million dollars sitting around in LPD. Her SP has exploded over 300% in the last few months all while the lithium price remains depressed. She's just started a CR, to develop an income producing asset at SDV & James Bay, & she will have over $200 million dollars cash on her balance sheet at the completion of the CR.

GXY just sold out of LPD for $700,000? That's peanuts, it would be like you finding a $2 coin down the back of a couch.

GXY still has another 240 million shares to dump if she wants to.
    Last edited by ProCapitalism: 27/11/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $30.03K 10.60M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
141 224536772 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 26228262 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ 1813333
Last updated 15.38pm 26/04/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.