OXT 0.00% 1.7¢ orexplore technologies limited

This is quite a competitive space (perhaps more so than people...

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    This is quite a competitive space (perhaps more so than people realise). There are several private companies that are potentially ahead of OXT in both the technology, service offering and client base (mere speculation on my part). I personally know the Chairperson of Datarock (https://www.datarock.com.au/) and spoke with him last year about the company and the technology behind it. As a geologist by training, I was amazed at what additional information and optimisation this "AI" can offer. With the high resolution core imagery, they can map in significantly more detail than the average geologist. You are correct though that they will always need a team of engineers, programmers and scientists sitting behind the scenes to manage software and sense check output. In many cases the idea would be to train the mining companies themselves to use the technology under licensing agreements (limiting staff numbers and providing some scalability).

I believe Datarock may already be on the books of various of the larger players (BHP, RIO etc) so tough for competitors to also get a foot in the door at the same companies. The contract that OXT has with Oz Minerals is a good start so they better make hay while the sun shines. Once BHP completes the Oz takeover they will be in direct competition with the likes of Datarock to extend / expand the contract.

It will be quite difficult for non-users to assess which companies have the best service offering and pricing structures at this stage. Will be interesting to see how it evolves and who comes out top.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.