NTU 8.82% 3.1¢ northern minerals limited

These are interesting questions, suit surfer.The Australian...

1. 5,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1353
    These are interesting questions, suit surfer.

The Australian Government took a long time to line up ALL the ducks and make their desired result certain. All within the rule of law - no Judge could fault the process government had to invent, put in place the preconditions for success and execute.

I shudder at the government resources (taxpayer's money) consumed setting all this up.

The divestees, who knowing broke Australian corporate law, were given 60 days to exit on-market.

38 trading days to go and little evidence of selling so far.

Treasury is entitled and obligated to sell the shares if the divestees dont. We can draw fun pictures of 10% of NTU being offered for sale 'at-market' on 5 or 6 August to any willing buyers. They would have to be considered highly motivated to avoid that outcome.

I observed above that ILU cannot buy without triggering a full takeover - a move that would end in the courts due to the currently uninformed market in and ILU's deep knowledge of NTU. Make my day on this one.

Meanwhile, we can watch the market trades and smile at developments - the Chinese divestees are on the clock and it is ticking down.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.003(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $183.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.3¢ 3.1¢ $20.22K 630.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 892928 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 6089 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.