NTU 8.82% 3.1¢ northern minerals limited

They could do a block trade to another mysterious set of shell...

1. 5,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1353
    They could do a block trade to another mysterious set of shell companies of uncertain identity and domicile, which will then reset the investigative/regulatory clock back to zero and leave ASIC and other government agencies with a new situation to respond to, so they will buy themselves more time doing that.

Interesting idea, east west. NTU contacted ASIC & FIRB over the opacity of ownership, as much as the possibility Chinese nationals were the buyers.

If you or I or Australian Super buy the shares, the Australian Government will have no problems. If the shares are on-sold to another unknown entity, Treasury is poised to act and will oblige the ASX to disallow the trade. Maybe they could win a week's extension.

On your thought the shares could be sold to legitimate owners then shorted by the vendors, that would require the new owners to be willing to over-pay and to collude with the Chinese under Treasury's baleful gaze. Hmmmm. Don't think so.

Returning to my earlier wail about how much this is costing the Australian Government (you and me), the 10.4% parcel is Friday worth just under $20m. Given the need to create an incontestable legal pathway through this mess, the high level legal opinions and endless consultations would have already cost more. This glaring waste mismatch can only get bigger as NTU's share price falls further.

Ahhh. The Rule of Law is a high principle, but it costs us.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.003(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $183.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.3¢ 3.1¢ $20.22K 630.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 892928 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 6089 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.