MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

re: Ann: Notice of Extraordinary General Meet... I think your...

1. 1,451 Posts.
    re: Ann: Notice of Extraordinary General Meet... I think your getting a bit ahead of yourself regarding a sale.

The company announcement clearly states the plan is to use anticipated future revenue from production to further develop and prove the asset, not pretty it up for a sale.

Its also clear that the clear creek wells are targeting the conventional sandstone reservoir. If you go and look at the previous reserve reports (which are out of date and not accurate in my opinion) the huge potential reserves quoted are based on non conventional formations at helper and CC. Non of which have been proven up.

I think if your thinking a sale within the next couple years your dreaming, it would actually be in your best interest for them to maximise the value before selling.

In terms of USA gas policy they still have a gas reservation and the export potential is limited by this and lack of exporting infrastructure which has long lead times. Also China just signed a 100 bill deal with russia essentially shutting the USA out of its market. Also the distance from LA to Beijing is about 10000km compared to about 6000 km from Darwin to Beijing we have a large competitive advantage in transport costs. I think US gas prices will rise to their long term average of 5-6 but their is also still a lot of risk in terms of fraccing of unconventional reservoirs and many of hte big players are in financially precarious positions due to the high depletion rate and development costs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.