CZD 3.13% 9.3¢ calzada limited

re: Ann: Notice of Extraordinary General Meet... Dear All, The...

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    re: Ann: Notice of Extraordinary General Meet... Dear All,

The angst on this topic shows that views are polarised. This makes sense as the options appear are on the generous side of life... that being said, the entire six man board agreed to it... so Mr Williams... no pressure... but with serious options come serious expectations.

If the initial 7.5million are bought relatively quickly... that would make David Williams a true Calzadian and not an outsider. If this is the case I'll happily fly to Melbourne and buy him a beer/wine/champagne/scotch. David, I am true to my word, flights are my expense, you have my number.

As for Laurent, I'll take the time to discuss why I have a positive opinion. I've met him a number of times. My impression is that he understates his role to his detriment.

Putting together what I know from company announcements and from personal contact with Laurent/David Kenley and John Greenwood I'll give a more thorough detail of my impression. My understanding is that it was Laurent in conjunction with John Greenwood who got together to look at the skin applications for novosorb products. I believe it was Johns idea for skin products and his extreme focus on improving lives for his patients... and it was Laurent who recognised opportunity for CZD. He recognised that the collaboration with John as an inexpensive way to prove safety of the polymer and a with a likely short time to market (compared to intravascular applications and others) it would lead to cash flow and further science into the platform of opportunities it represented. As a result the collaboration began and the original high risk/long lead time agreements with multinationals that had gone nowhere were cancelled.

Laurent has a background in mass production/lean manufacturing and as a result of his skills CZD is not only in a position of having a US 510(k) approval, it also has the ability to quickly upscale worldwide production at a known COGS, which is crucial in the current stage of commercial negotiations for TNP dressings.

Ok, in summary do I rate the skills of Laurent? Clearly Yes.

Would CZD be in its current position to save lives of burns patients without him? No.

Is CZD and are shareholders in debt to him? Absolutely.

It is easy to bag a CEO for tiny crap... a missed deadline or something that seems important at the time... but as shareholders, we will never know the details of why any particular deadline is missed... hence we need to focus on what we know. The guy is a winner and has made CZD into a major potential winner.

Here is a personal and public thanks to Laurent for his insight, his efforts and for the success CZD will experience (my opinion) in his capable hands.

My sentiment updated to buy again... good luck to all.

Gav

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.