AVR 0.53% $18.60 anteris technologies ltd

I'm by no means an expert but from a bit of research I have done...

1. 4 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I'm by no means an expert but from a bit of research I have done and from a previous consolidation I was unlucky enough to be a part of, I can't see how it will be good for the average investor like myself. From what I can see, a consolidation is great if the SP is steadily on the way up for solid reasons. When its down at the bottom and not looking like rising in the short term it appears the consolidation is just used to buy more breathing room for the price to inevitably slide much further. I fear the below excerpt from an article on a stock consolidated 10:1 sums up our position. While I genuinely believe in our product and think it has huge potential, I think we are a way off the sort of news that will really drive a steady increase in SP or even hold us at the post consolidation SP:

“In this case, the stock moving from $0.50 to $5.00 overnight was just an accounting ploy. The company still had very shaky fundamentals. Savvy institutional investors won’t invest in the stock just because its price suddenly soared, and it will have a hard time raising capital if its balance sheet is poor. Shorters, who follow reverse stock splits and target those stocks, began to put pressure on the stock price, sending it tumbling. As selling pushed the price downward, other investors panicked and sold, causing the price to plummet even lower. As my friend discovered, a reverse stock split is normally not good news for shareholders.”

Following some of the posts regarding listing on the NASDAQ, I see the minimum requirement in terms of SP is $4. Maybe this explains why its a 100:1 and not a 10:1? Beyond that, is there any other reason to suggest that this is their intention? And is there any reason why they can't just be upfront and tell us that this is the logic behind the consolidation? Particularly the 100:1 and not say 10:1

Like I said, I'm no expert and happy to be corrected with any of the above by those with more knowledge. Unfortunately I've been an AHZ holder for awhile and am a fair way under water. Really hoping to see things turn around soon!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.60
Change
-0.100(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $357.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.70 $18.77 $18.21 $664.1K 35.88K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $18.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.69 53 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.