LLI 3.85% 12.5¢ loyal lithium limited

Ann: Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting/Proxy Form, page-19

1. 1,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 718
    I guess it is dirty as LAC's flow sheet uses sulphuric acid but I don't know if it's really any less attractive than hard rock mines in otherwise pristine Canadian wilderness where the boreal forests are cleared and the lakes drained to make way for the mine?

LAC's Thacker Pass project in Nevada is the largest known source of lithium in the US and third largest globally. Mine development began a couple of months ago. General Motors is tipping in $650 million as an equity investment to receive exclusive access to Phase 1 production. This is a big, brassy confident bet in my view.

GM's investment is the largest-ever investment by an automaker to produce battery raw materials and for me at least is a vote of confidence in the technology and in lithium clays in general. Lithium Americas estimates the lithium extracted and processed from the project can support production of up to 1 million EVs per year.

GM's investment is a big de-risking move for lithium clays in my view. GM could have picked Sayona, Piedmont or any other North American hard rock play if they had doubts over clays. Full disclosure - I don't have any investment in LAC, Ioneer or any other clay project, I'm just less worried than most about the potential of clays and Scotty's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $11.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $9.377K 74.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20833 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 267 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.20pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LLI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.