IBX 0.00% 7.4¢ imagion biosystems limited

It is the exceptional who can break the shackles of a bear...

1. 26,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3139
    It is the exceptional who can break the shackles of a bear market.
    I have been filtering my buy list, with the criteria, you must have an exceptional product, or development (mining) or other price catalyst, strategic major JV, third party cash injection etc, FDA approval etc, that can displace the markets skittishness. Or at least be offorward significance to endure, retaining the deep seeded longs. The plant that always gets some water, when the others are dying. Markets will punish seat warmers, and reward a life line to those who are moving ahead.

Yes markets have memory. And they will also recall that we were at 200m mc, on the sniff of an oily phase 1 rag. Because the implication of success, burned brightly.

Fear and the loss of appetite. The market is the expectation of what the other guy will do tomorrow.
    Must be replaced, with, if the other guy doesnt, then a major will.

That which can overcome the nervous hands. When there is a fundamental strength, that is made tangible.
    When the path ahead is significantly de-risked, and that prize glimmers once more. The old dust blanket falls away from the golden bull. Poe. What happens if a strategic partnership were to transpire that alleviates in part our capital burden and demonstrate the confidence of said partner? Just speculating.

If we think back to the environment in which this company went to 200m mc, it was actually very dull in commodities, and money rotation was into the med tech areas. Looking for something out of the doldrums. Med tech is outside the bubble of commodities.

Balance of my portfolio weight, has been redeeming to cash some of those whose tinder box is empty.
    The market can miss price opportunity and liability. That is the art of the fox to hedge against the sheep.

The overseas situation with Israel, to potentially Iran escalating, makes everything more complex. And you have to weigh things outside the shock value of a deterioration there, to the point of, what would the market value a de-risk event in the darkest of days, When money is still money and greed will overcome always. Fear can but empty the tank of all the irrational holders. But what happens then ? when that prize is revealed ? And the registry has strengthened at the pointy end of the discount valuation ?

Gamble well.

Last edited by stevenjd: 20/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.