ZNO 3.85% 2.7¢ zoono group limited

Ann: Notice of FY21 Interim Results and Investor Briefing, page-48

1. 102 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Food for thought, excuse the pun Happ.

My point: I am presenting another side to your argument.

The point of the article was that, in producing lab meat, energy is also used and CO2 is produced. CO2 remains in the atmosphere far longer that methane. Additionally, the deep automation would also use energy, unless all of the manufacturing processes have a zero carbon footprint. Will that be the case?

The global cell-based meat market is predicted to be worth $15.5m by 2021 and $20m by 2027, according to analysis. One report estimates that 35% of all meat will be cultured by 2040.

Point: The farming of animals will be here for awhile yet. IMO.

Feb 17, 2020https://www.forbes.com/sites/briankateman/2020/02/17/will-cultured-meat-soon-be-a-common-sight-in-supermarkets-across-the-globe/?sh=41053fe77c66

There are a few headwinds that you also have not mentioned:

An established animal industry is not going to lay down. Animal farming won't go away, it is too established.
    Lab meat is very costly.
    Cultured meats need antibiotics.
    And what of product approval? (FDA in USA) etc.

Regarding trends - You do say that "There maybe a short term market opportunity in animal health"
    Yes, there are opportunities - what is your definition of short term?

Yes, agree in identifying trends and I would suggest plant-based protein is more the go rather than lab meat – look at WOA with Lupin Developments and Oat Milk = High protein/low GI.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZNO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.