GLN 4.35% 11.0¢ galan lithium limited

I think it would need to be fully funded for phase 2 and on its...

1. 5,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5199
    I think it would need to be fully funded for phase 2 and on its way toward ramp up to get to that figure. Even if you assume, per the DFS, that a) LCE prices magically recover by >100% to US$28k/t and b) Daniel's estimate of LiCL payabilities are correct (73% for phase 1), then a fully-funded phase 1 is doing US$83M / A$125M EBITDA p/a. Would an operation of that size in a jurisdiction like Argentina deserve to trade on almost 8x in a commodity that has shown itself to be as opaque and volatile as lithium has?

However, if the DFS phase 2 assumptions were met (LCE US$29k/t, 79% payability for LiCL) admittedly a big 'if', then at full operation they're doing EBITDA of US$374M / A$566M which is a very meaningful operation once it's in full swing. An $1B market cap at those levels is only 1.7x. However you have to question the reality of these long-term price assumptions that have been baked in for decade after decade in these studies that were predominantly being worked on during a Li bull market. It's a dangerous game predicting commodity prices but there's now so many significant companies with clear ramp-up plans (PLS; IGO; MIN; LTHM; LAC; ALB; SQM; Ganfeng with Goulamina; other Chinese lepidolite; African spod; etc) then if prices were to get back to the high US$25-28k range that brings a huge amount of supply back into play and has the resultant impact on price again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $55.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $331.6K 3.024M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 804140 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 379713 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.