TVN 2.61% 5.9¢ tivan limited

Ann: Notice of General Meeting/Proxy Form , page-12

1. 13,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694

Hi Beaker

I'm no economist, and all I can go on about economies and currencies is what I read,hear and see. I then collate the info as best I can and form an opinion; but that opinion is not constant as things change, sometimes suddenly but more often gradually and even insidiously at times. The only constant in fact is the ongoing review of my assessments.

Now I've read about quantitative easing and Ben B's current fiscal policy. This may not work and the mammoth US debt may even worsen. But because of certain other data emanating from the USA and which swings from +ve to -ve I reckon the USA will eventually recover. My $ is therefore not on shorting stock in the hope of a financial Armadeddon.

Anyway that's my present opinion on the US, but it might change because of monitoring the situation. A reviving US must surely be good for the world economy, and so this is a +ve to put into the equation.

However, my main interest is what's happening in the west Pacific and India and with the A$ of course. Whilst these things too are dynamic, there seems to be more certainty with them and that's why I say that that a falling A$ should present some buying opportunities and particularly as regards certain miners, as well as some industrials.

You ask: what miners? My brief answer is those that have or will have products that will either continue to be needed by emerging China and/or India and those to satisfy existing and new technologies. There is also the fact that many more people in the world (and not just C and I) are becoming wealthy. I expect there to be a massive increase in consumerism and this monster will need to be satisfied. The products? Iron ore, copper,rare earths,ferro-vanadium, niobium,etc. And don't forget potash to help the greater food consumption that will happen as a result of more and more people,and wealthier ones too.

That's my current line of thinking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.002(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $101.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $22.27K 380.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114864 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 60110 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.