ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    You should be covered under Section 249S of the Corporations Act as it expressly allows a company to hold a meeting at two or more venues using any technology that gives members as a whole a reasonable opportunity to participate in the meeting.

If they deny you this opportunity, they would be in breach of the corporations act and it should be reported to ASIC.

If you need legal representation the first organisation I would speak to is consumer affairs in Western Australia.

I personally think the best avenue at this stage is to request an inspection of their books. The holders of shares in a company do not generally have an automatic right of access to the company’s books and records. However, the Corporations Act does provide shareholders the right to seek access to books of the company in certain circumstances. If a shareholder wishes to compel the company to provide access to the company’s books, an action for an order to inspect the books can be brought under section 247A of the Act.

Section 247A empowers the court to make an order authorising the shareholder, or another person on the shareholder’s behalf, to inspect the books of the company if the court is satisfied that the shareholder is acting in good faith and that the inspection is for a proper purpose.

IMO, given the recent ASX queries, the court may grant a shareholder the right to inspect the books as there is a genuine cause for concern.
    Last edited by Nighthawk10000: 05/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.