NOR 0.00% 4.8¢ norwood systems limited

Putting a value on IP is a slippery slope, totally dependent on...

1. 119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Putting a value on IP is a slippery slope, totally dependent on the situation, their IP is currently worth more than if they were in liquidation and less than if they were cash flow positive even if the IP itself has not changed. You then need a buyer who will get more value from purchasing it than they would developing it themselves.

I work for a company that holds a number of patents has a unique product offering with no competitors but if someone wanted to develop the same or a very similar product there would be little we could do to stop them, it would simply come down to is it worth them spending X time developing it losing Y dollars of potential revenue vs buying it off us, which would again depend more on our position than on the IP itself.

*IF* Oracle wanted to buy NOR's voicemail IP and they know NOR's position is less than ideal, why would they not wait just a little longer for things to get worse to get the IP at a cheaper price?
    Again I don't know the Y dollars of potential revenue it would bring but I'm sure if they were looking to do this they would have a fairly good idea and therefore a good idea of when to put forward a bargain offer to acquire the IP when NOR is in a position with less leverage. Because they are the main outlined pipeline (other than Metaswitch being hinted at and the current dealings with Spark) they would be in a fairly safe position to stretch this out until it best suited them.

IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100000 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 90000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.