AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Notice of General Meeting/Proxy Form, page-152

1. 2,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1186
    This announcement shows Dathomir had 30% and Comminiere 10% and AVZ 60% See first box.

It's also where Klaus put to shareholders "Dathomir will facilitate the rehabilitation of the road."
    Although, that was in a "separate" agreement. See second box.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879647-421b24fef5fdf5f69341c7ff477ff39a.jpg

A reason I am concerned about and distrustful of Dathomir (and want to know who is the beneficial owners) is because of their behavior and the history.

Klaus trusted them and apparently convinced AVZ shareholders to trust them without having a direct contract with them for road construction which he could rely on or make good on in the event of a default. It was apparently good enough for Klaus that Dathomir and Cominiere had a separate agreement. As a contracts guy - that had warning bells on it for me. It suggests Klaus was dealing with some powerful players - powerful enough for him to believe he could rely on them to get roads done (and to suggest that to his shareholders which the above shows him doing) and also powerful enough not to have to bother with an efforceable contract. Dathomir was swinging its proverbial d right from the outset.

Comments reported to this forum from those who went to the AGM state that we are still six months from having the road Dathomir was going to facilitate completed even to an unsealed state.

The next graphic shows Dathomir have increased their ownership with respect to Cominiere as per their previous. Dathomir is a privately owned company. Cominiere was and is (in my opinion - the people of the DRC's chance to get some long term value out of the project) and it seems that Dathomir has managed to get 5% from Cominiere into its own private hands. Again this is consistent with Dathomir being powerful.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879726-a642070a7bb88ec1bbfdbd7fbf86beac.jpg

The following graphic is from the 2019 Annual Report it shows that Dathomir is not listed as a substantial shareholoder in AVZ - Huayou is (despite that some of its holdings are behind nominess but not Dathomr). The 2018 Annual Report showed Dathomir had 240 million shares in AVZ for a substantial holding of 12.71%. For Dathomir to have sold down that holding so much as to not be a substantial holder now they would have had to sell a lot of shares and to have sold them during a period when the market price for those shares was quite suppressed. AND importantly they should not have been able to do that WITHOUT a change in substantial holding notice irrespective of whether they'd sold on market or off market.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879686-020c592e9bfd3cd3c739604bed5a00b9.jpg

The most recent substantial holding notice for Dathomir I've seen is this one.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879748-5f20c4c4accfb9e8f9847449eeacf8be.jpg

Dathomir have been all over this Manono project and all over Klaus from the outset. Dathomir received a fee for bringing in Huayou as a strategic investor.

So I am concerned that Dathomir's influence may be continuing behind the scenes

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879766-2bd846285ec582e4bf31e64c0085c187.jpg

See "Comminiere have been instructed to drop their shareholding to 10%" Only a DRC politician or senior bureacratc could give such an instruction in my opinion.

and indeed that they (Dathomir's beneficial owners) may be associates or influence peddlers not just inside the DRC but in the upcoming Yibin vote (in which they may not declare themselves - if they didn't declare their change in substantial ownership).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1879/1879771-162a1e4977c55e93510e7ab0063a579f.jpg

Readyaimfire - you again put me with Boatman.

A critical difference between the Boatman Capital reportwriter or writers is they attribute an inherent value of zero to AVZshares. I don't know what theirmotivation is - the boatman in greek mythology was someone that I understanddead people paid to cross the river Styx.Perhaps the Boatman people are shake-downers trying to get money from AVZ. I actually suspect the Boatman writers are collecting information from people like me (from our comments in the public domain) not the other way around.

I am an AVZ shareholder on the other hand that is trying topreserve and protect the future value of my existing shareholding frompotential shake downers and from management errors or potentially from futureacts of management bad faith and from what I regard as the stupidity of a largenumber of vocal shareholders that won't ask questions of management but keepbelieving stuff that to me is obviously mistaken or that is being told to themas complete BS perhaps by others that are in the red on their own holdings andwho just want to sell their shares to greater fools.

If you look at the profile of shareholders in the graphic above from the 2019 AR you'll see there are a large number of shareholders in the category of about 55,000 shares which if they had a price of 5 cents would still see them holding only around $2750 dollars worth of shares. That is not enough money for those folks to be able to individually stand up for themselves by paying for the tracing of beneficial ownership - (the cost of $3487 is more than their portfolio) but together they constitute a force - if they wanted AVZ do trace the beneficial ownership of Dathomir together the company would probably have to do it and if the company wouldn't together (or some of them) could ask ASIC to do it.

I'm science trained - a theory is just a theory to me. I canhold multiple theories in my head and deal with evidence and ask questions andthen change my theories without actually being convinced that they arenecessarily true. My impression is that many HotCopper posters cannot do that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.