AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

The date on that milestone is 30 June 2022 (as in FY 2022), not...

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    The date on that milestone is 30 June 2022 (as in FY 2022), not the end of the year. I assume there is some contingency built into the milestone date, as in, things can go wrong... what if COVID flares up again, for example.

Worth asking the question at the AGM, if anyone is attending... Doh, it's online, I'll be there.

I have no real idea about the history of SdV and how long it has been sitting around with not much happening, so I can't really comment on the timing. I recall the north section was sold off to POSCO to help fund the south section and/or keep Galaxy afloat?

I work in a related industry and development permits take a sh*tload of time to be granted, and as time marches on, they are taking longer and longer, at least here in Australia, although I'm sure many other places in the world are seeing lead times blow out as well.

Vulcan is an interesting example, they are staring down the barrel of having their development applications rejected due to community opposition, but shareholders don't seem to care about that risk. In any case, the Rhine in Germany is completely different to north-western Argentina, I don't believe there will be any substantial community opposition to a new brine project like SdV in Argentina.

One last thing, I don't think we in Australia realise how bad COVID has been in South America.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.