HAV 2.50% 19.5¢ havilah resources limited

"Always wondered if he was Walter's mate (no basis, just...

1. 935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    "Always wondered if he was Walter's mate (no basis, just wondered)"

I watched the 2017 AGM again recently and Mark Stewart introduces himself there and mentions he has a "long-standing association" with Chris Giles. Apparently, it goes back to the early 90s where they were pelted by rocks together by artisanal miners in Tanzania.

"6. I'm wondering what Clark888 knows and if he is supporting the motion. If so, that is all I need to know for it to get my vote."

I'm very, very confident Clark888 is 100 % behind the move. I suspect it may be why we haven't heard much recently despite the very exciting announcement yesterday.

Anyway, as I said, I watched the 2017 AGM again and this line from WR at the 44:07 mark stood out:

"...we've got to shift our focus to execution, because I can't be standing here next year having the same slide and saying we're going to be doing the same things, we should be ticking the boxes..."

Fast forward to one week out from the 2018 AGM & that's exactly where we are.

Well, not quite exactly, because one asset is exhausted & another disposed of & that disposal did not solve the problem of the company being cash constrained. Almost unbelievably, the deal seems more concerned with managing CMC's cash flow than HAV's.

Giles comes across as a reasonable and intelligent guy. He's invested a lot of time, effort and dollars into HAV so hopefully someone can convince him that the board needs a shake-up & that shake-up should come from consensus and not a forced vote.

To me, as a long-time shareholder of HAV, the board needs to show a lot more business savvy & common sense because the deals we've seen made in the last year or so seem to be lacking those very qualities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $61.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $13.59K 67.85K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 62788 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 49431 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.15pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.