BRK 0.00% 1.1¢ brookside energy limited

Ann: Notification of Expiry of Listed Options, page-74

1. 2,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1617
    There's been a lot of discussion about the options and whether or not they are the cause of the stagnating/declining share price. Whether they are or are not, the fact remains that management were gifted a large amount of options for free while mum and dad shareholders stumped up money from their hard-earned wages to pay for them - and that includes me.

Now I applaud management for the great work that they are performing by getting the wells up and running and generating great revenue for all shareholders.

However what I want to see from the "Leaders" of our Company is "Leadership". It is one thing to be a leader by name/function/role - but it is something entirely different to show leadership. And this is something that I believe is lacking from our "Leaders" when it comes to the conversion of options.

To provide an example of the difference between being a leader and displaying leadership.

Colonel Hal Moore was the "Leader" of a Battallion of US soldiers who on 14th November 1965 were seeking out the North Vietnamese Army in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Before the battle, Moore made a pledge to his troops. He said, "I will be the first to set foot on the battlefield - and the last to step off it. Dead - or alive - we will all come home together." Inspiring words.

During the battle it looked like the US troops would be overrun by the NVA and the commanders back at HQ decided to withdraw Moore from the battle because they didn't want to lose the "Leader". Moore refused because he knew all of his men would die if he left the battle. He did what was best for his troops - not what was best for him.

He stayed true to his word. The NVA ended up withdrawing and Moore stayed true to his word. THAT my friends is LEADERSHIP.

Now getting back to BRK. DP and management are the leaders and the shareholders are the troops. DP should be showing LEADERSHIP by converting his options (should have been done long ago in my opinion) NOW. Not right at the death-knock later this month. He should be doing whatever he can for his shareholders, leading the way, providing inspiration for the shareholders to follow. But unfortunately he is doing what is best for him. Not very inspriing at all and hence the options price is still falling, the share price is still falling. Mum and dad shareholders face either losing a lot of money or the even harder task of trying to stump up more money to convert.

Unfortunately this type of 'leadership' in ASX listed companies is common. Get free options yet wait until the last minute to decide whether to convert. They don't care what price the options go down to - theirs were free so it's 1.1 c regardless.

I've had a strong buy sentiment up until now. Moved to 'none'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $52.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $691.0K 62.98M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 34244392 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 19538274 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.