DNK 0.00% 8.8¢ danakali limited

Brucey from shareholder lists Seamus has 8 million shares +...

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2340
    Brucey from shareholder lists Seamus has 8 million shares + 4mill (indirect shares- probably freebies) - his brother Liam who used to manage the co still has 16 million shares. I think he still helps out. Now Seamus (i gather) would have 9 million shares There younger brother probably has some too!

so thats 25 million shares between them- And I' gather they have held those for many years. That makes them as family the second biggest shareholders after AFC. they could have sold those before at 80-90 cents for a coll A$15-20mill. but they didn't.

would you have enough commitment in the project to not take A$20 mill then or A$12 mill now and walk away? have you ever had that sort of money.?

Seamus is about 60 and his brother a bit less. A$ 12 mill now - 24 mill before -getting 8% a year ( and yes you can still get 8% per year safely would give them around A$1-2 mill or year to cruise on for the rest of their lives. get a boat go fishing of Rotty, keep a mistress in another apartment etc etc..

do you think they would stick around and try to drive this machine on if they didn't believe -if they weren't committed?

So yes its nice to have top management as top shareholders however he got them - its shows empathy with the other shareholders - its a lot better than Nils the former guy removed who only had a some free options and no asking in the game other than an overpaid salary

also of course he took the shares in the placement not in the market
    1. cos they are discounted
    2 cos he's giving his money to the company to work with not - to giving in the market some short term scalper like(for example) Topkloff who doesn't care - walks away with the cash and does shooters in the Sentinel with it. That doesn't help the project get done and doesn't increase the value of his other shares and those of all the shareholders.

please be logical

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.