BRN 0.00% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Never let facts get in the way of a story.In a far off land...

1. 10,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27195
    Never let facts get in the way of a story.

In a far off land before retirement and before becoming an employer I was an employee of a large Australian Company then of the Crown and a common theme back then was an employee always expecting to be paid each month or each each fortnight according to the terms of their contract or award. If I and those I worked side by side with were not paid I suspect that we would probably not have continued to turn up.

At the large Australian Company my pay and that of others included bonuses if our personal targets were achieved. When employed by the Crown there were additional payments for overtime etc; I was always paid what was due.

At Brainchip we have been told a number of times that it cannot compete with the large salaries paid by others in the semiconductor labour market and so they have to offer bonus shares and options as part of a salary package. Brainchip has a range of employees all driving the company forward in different ways. Many of those employees are engineers and data scientists who are designing and creating AKIDA technology advances and of course software such as TENNS and ViT and do not have a sales role.

Recent memory should allow all here to recall that a number of software products have been developed and to assist memories here are a few from the last several months:

1. TENNS -PLEIADES

2. A light weight Spatiotemporal Network for Online Eye Tracking

3. A temporal enabled neural networking model which delivers improvements in detection, safety and efficiency in radar/lidar systems

4. Low-power Ship detection in Satellite Images Using Neuromorphic Hardware - A joint development between Gregor Lenz of Neurobus & Douglas McLelland of Brainchip

5.Raw Speech Enhancement with Deep State Space Modelling

6.Creation of optimised models for implementing CHATGpt on AKIDA 2.0 at the EDGE

Everyone of the above has created intellectual property value for Brainchip and its shareholders. This did not just appear they were the product of the intellectual efforts of Brainchip's employees.

For some to ignore the contribution of these employees and suggest that they should not put their hand out to be paid for their work is ridiculous in the extreme.

It might be a little too complex for some but in all companies someone on a daily basis has to make decisions about the allocation of resources. When Douglas McLelland for instance was to become involved in working with Gregor Lenz someone above him in the organisation had to be convinced of the worth of the project and decide if it has sufficient merit to allocate scarce resources to this project in the form of human capital.

There are as many realise almost limitless applications of AKIDA technology. As such their are limitless projects that the human capital at Brainchip could be deployed to developing. Someone like the CTO Dr. Tony Lewis has to decide the merits of each then the CEO Sean Hehir has to decide which of the scientifically meritorious projects put forward by Dr. Lewis will advance the company's commercial prospects in the near term.

It is completely wrong to see company earnings as the sole determinant of employee effort and for the payment of employees regardless of their seniority.

Perhaps I am wrong but I have always had the simplistic view if you do your job you get paid but perhaps times have changed and now it depends upon whether retail shareholders are happy with the share price.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $377.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 18.5¢ $1.716M 8.670M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 1282366 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 364823 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.19am 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.