CPH 0.00% 0.9¢ creso pharma limited

I'm not a tax advisor so don't quote me on anything to do with...

1. 5,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2216
    I'm not a tax advisor so don't quote me on anything to do with this topic, I make no guarantees about the accuracy, etc etc disclaimer disclaimer...

Okay, so if you sell now at a loss you can immediately claim it as a tax loss. What tends to happen if the company is delisted is that there is a lengthy procedure of various parasitic financial entities squabbling over the crumbs and going through all sorts of legal nonsense, which usually takes quite a long time, sometimes years and in some cases it can even get dragged out more or less indefinitely. Generally speaking, until this is finalised your losses are in limbo and you can't claim them until all the nonsense is finalised. Again, I can't guarantee anything etc etc, but given the state of CPH I would be betting on the whole ugly process to get drawn out and very messy. If you want to claim it for this financial year you'll have to sell before the end of June. If you choose to make the sale before the company is delisted/goes into involuntary administration etc, you'll just have to deal with whatever timing you end up being given. If you want it to happen later down the track you might want to sit on them, but you'll have no control over when it happens.

Again *necessary disclaimer because I'm not a tax agent or financial advisor* don't take any of this as guaranteed information etc because I'm not qualified to give it, I'm just sharing my unqualified knowledge and experience.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.