NVA 4.17% 25.0¢ nova minerals limited

They are planning for a level III ADR listing. Not sure if they...

1. 1,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 320

They are planning for a level III ADR listing. Not sure if they need a SP of a particular price, as the ADRs may be able to be for a bundle of shares. i.e, the ADR may be for 1:20 NVA shares. That is the ADR ratio, and is primarily to allow for better optics regarding the SP and to allow institutions to get around rules on investing in stocks below a floor price.

Not 100% that this is the plan here, but there are options.

ADR Levels

ADRs are additionally categorized into three levels, depending on the extent to which the foreign company has accessed the U.S. markets.

Level I

This is the most basic type of ADR, where foreign companies either don't qualify or don't want their ADR listed on an exchange. This type of ADR can be used to establish a trading presence but not to raise capital.

Level I ADRs found only on the over-the-counter market have the loosest requirements from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and are typically highly speculative. While they are riskier for investors than other types of ADRs, they are an easy and inexpensive way for a foreign company to gauge the level of U.S. investor interest in its securities.

Level II

As with Level I ADRs, Level II ADRs can be used to establish a trading presence on a stock exchange and can’t be used to raise capital. Level II ADRs have slightly more requirements from the SEC than Level I ADRs, but they get higher visibility and trading volume.

Level III

Level III ADRs are the most prestigious. With these, an issuer floats a public offering of ADRs on a U.S. exchange. They can be used to establish a substantial trading presence in the U.S. financial markets and raise capital for the foreign issuer. Issuers are subject to full reporting with the SEC.1

American Depositary Receipt (ADR)

Certificates issued by a US depository bank, representing foreign shares held by the bank, usually by a branch or correspondent in the country of issue. One ADR may represent a portion of a foreign share, one share or a bundle of shares of a foreign corporation. If the ADR's are "sponsored," the corporation provides financial information and other assistance to the bank and may subsidize the administration of the ADR. "Unsponsored" ADRs do not receive such assistance. ADRs are subject to the same currency, political, and economic risks as the underlying foreign share. Arbitrage keeps the prices of ADRs and underlying foreign shares, adjusted for the SDR/ordinary ratio essentially equal. American depository shares (ADS) are a similar form of certification.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.010(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $53.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $32.85K 131.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7179 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 65850 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 24.5¢ 24.5¢ 3270
Last updated 12.46pm 16/05/2024 ?
NVA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.