AEV 16.7% 0.7¢ avenira limited

and I'll just add this to support the BESS notion ... coming...

1. 10,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3581
    and I'll just add this to support the BESS notion ... coming from FREYR co-founder Tom Jensen being interviewed by Bill Nussey

https://www.freeingenergy.com/podcast-tom-jensen-freyr-battery/

Tom Jensen:
    So we already have signed a 38 gigawatt hour off-take agreement with Nidec Corporation, a Japanese conglomerate that is the world leader in electric engines, but also one of the world leaders in ESS applications. So they have 130 projects in Europe and the US and other places in the world. So we are building, we’ve announced a joint venture with them where we’re building modules and packs and containerized DSS solutions, DC blocks kind of products next to our Giga Arctic facility. And we have a bunch of other initial off-take agreements announced with a broad variety of other energy storage customers. We are in the closing stages of moving into e-mobility. So first you will typically see us going into buses, trucks, delivery vans, and the like. And of course most of the large OEMs, in particular the European ones, we’re also in deep discussions with for finding solutions for them.But we kind of took it the other way around. We believe that the energy storage market or the ESS market is going to be as big from a battery point of view as the EV market. And it’s kind of missed a little bit on many, but it’s kind of obvious to us that when you introduce, you need to triple electricity production to decarbonize society. And that means 20 folding installed solar and wind capacity. And we need to do that in the next 20 years if you’re going to be reasonably on track to mitigate climate change. And if that is true, we need to probably 200 to 400 fold installed energy storage capacity. And that’s why we started down that path with LFP cathode material. And then we’re sort of moving the other way from ESS to electric vehicles as opposed to the other way around. And that is an interesting business model that is generating a lot of traction and it’s kind of an “easier”, not easy, but easier route to market and that’s why we’re doing it. So you should expect significant triple digit gigawatt hour off-take agreements coming out of FREYR.

Having said that, we enter into long-term off-take agreements with partners because we want to attract competitive project finance, but over time we believe this market is going to be significantly short, at least for the coming decade or two because it’s just not easy to build out battery capacity and we are going to be short of it. So as long as we’re able to build facilities, we will be able to sell these batteries any day of the week and twice on Sunday for the next 20 years. So this is the-

Bill Nussey:
    I completely agree.

Tom Jensen:
    biggest secular shift in human history. The energy transition is upon us. It needs to happen over the next couple of decades and we are in the right markets at the right time. And anyone who wants to join us on that journey, be it are you interested in a job or are you interested to buy batteries or are you interested to supply stuff to us or work with us in any way, we’re open for business and as I said, we are, in a theater near you.

Disagree if you wish.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $14.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ $29.65K 4.454M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 4250000 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 2665097 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.30pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 16.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.6¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ 3821477
Last updated 13.30pm 04/06/2024 ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.