AFI 0.14% $7.15 australian foundation investment company limited

Wow. AFIC still claiming to be outperforming the XJO thanks to...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Wow. AFIC still claiming to be outperforming the XJO thanks to 'net asset per share growth' over a 12 month period to May 31 / 2024. Yet, the price chart over that same period shows that the XJO has risen by over 8.5%. Meanwhile, AFIC has floundered with an increase with a tick over 1% in that 12 month period to May 31. Tell me I'm wrong (and back it up).

Been trading at a discount for quite some time now. I'm assuming that all of the people who say to buy this at a discount have been investing heavily over the past 12 months? Or, is AFIC going to go the same way as their kissing cousins and trade at a discount - permanently? Where are the investors of the future investing their money? Old fashioned LICS or ETF's? I believe that it's because of this that AFIC will trade at a discount for the foreseeable future.

The stats regarding inflows into passive management vehicles like ETF's that are cheaper than LICS is compelling.

Days of trading at a premium are over. When you consider the share of the pie that AFIC have invested in banks at a time when banks have been roaring, AFIC has barely moved the needle whilst offering up a meagre 3.5% dividend.

Laggard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.15
Change
0.010(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $8.948B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.13 $7.17 $7.12 $3.650M 510.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1852 $7.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.16 14008 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.