NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

Ann: Nuheara Partners with Widex and Bloom Hearing, page-68

1. 560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    The same could be said about posting any research about any company, and if HotCopper isn't the place for sharing research, then what is its purpose? Speculation certainly has its merits, but if you're going to blinding listen to strangers who offer nothing but gravitas to back up their opinions, then you are going to lose a lot of money. That being a general 'you'. I've read many of your posts and know that you're intelligent.

I have been that person in the past who listened to others that I thought knew better than me, or who had my interests at heart, and it did not work out well for me. Despite what you may think, I do not have much spare time, but I now make the time, regardless. I no longer believe in being a 'passive' investor.

As to why I use some of this time to post on HotCopper? The fear of looking stupid, or being wrong, drives me to research the hell out of whatever I'm talking about first, which is useful to me. I try to offer something of substance every time I post, although I do get sucked into the chatter from time to time (like now).

The data I'm collecting evolved from checking the warehouse inventory 2-3 times a day, to writing 8 lines of code that checked it for me, where I still had to manually hit 'Run' 6-7 times a day, to adding a few more lines of code to make it check every 10 minutes and flag any changes in stock. I know the company isn't obliged to continually update shareholders on their investment, so I decided to update myself.

There were a number of shareholders wanting any sort of guidance as to how sales were progressing, so I shared. It's as simple as that. I have offered a number of caveats so as not to mislead anybody, and would hope that everyone finds their own interpretation and does not listen to me. I am also conscious of 'relentlessly' posting the same thing for free upvotes, and so I try not comment unless I notice an interesting development.

6000 units this quarter would be an underwhelming result for me, but it would still be 4 times more than is required to meet the prediction that Foster made at the end of H1. They estimated 7500 unit sales for FY17, and there have already been 6000 pre-sales to the end of March. Sale figures appear to be ahead of schedule, and are growing exponentially with product awareness and entry to new markets.

I believe 6000 is the minimum figure we will see for the June quarter, based on the numbers leaving Nuheara's warehouses. There is no way of checking Best Buy sales, which should currently be our #1 market, so it could be much higher. I suspect most of the large decreases in Nuheara stock went to topping up their retail partners anyway, while they waited for the next Flex delivery.

My father often chastised me for being too free and easy with operational matters when I took over the business that he spent 35 years building up. Profits remain stronger than they ever were, and I've developed a reputation of being honest and easy to deal with. I guess what I'm saying is, I didn't listen to him either, and everything turned out just fine.

I didn't expect such a length reply, sorry. That's the last I'll say about myself - back to discussing to stock. You're of course welcome to have the final word.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.